Introduction...Murray & Roberts Power and Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Senior Rigging Supervisor for Kusile Site reporting to the Construction Manager. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga ,Witbank, South Africa.
Suitable candidates must have the following work experience:
- More than 10 years managerial/supervisory experience in boilers his field of rigging and the use of cranes. Be able to manage a team of Foreman riggers & riggers .Another advantage would be to have previous experience in this type of position on a similar project as well as some project / resource management skills.
- Must be able to read crane charts and develop basic rigging studies.
Suitable candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications and skills:
- A recognized trade in the field of rigging with N3 or equivalent NQF level.
- Apprenticeship with technical qualification or degree/diploma
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Oversee and be responsible to assist in all rigging activities on the Kusile site.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure quality resource planning.
- Managing monthly /weekly/daily production targets (Tons or Picks per Day).
- Communicates clearly the outcomes required based on agreed upon targets.
- Ensure that disruption is minimized and that quality standards are achieved.
- Ensure that safety standards are adhered too and that risks are managed appropriately.
- Daily, weekly and monthly planning.
- Ensure high standards of safety, quality and rigging standards are adhered to.
- Assist the Rigging Manager in day to day allocation of the cranes and rigging crews.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and assist the crane drivers with crane charts etc.
- Check and sign of all critical lift check lists (for construction activities on boiler pad).
- Ensure all boiler Pad ‘Rigging Lofts’ are maintained in good condition and all documentation is in order.
- Ensure all rigging equipment is issued and retuned on the correct forms/registers
- Ensure all rigging equipment is checked regularly (daily, monthly, and quarterly) according to the act, is in a safe working condition, is color coded according to site requirements, and inspection registers are kept up to date.
- Ensure that all relevant rigging studies are maintained on work packs
- Coordinate rigging activates between Boilers, systems and disciplines
- Maintain crane working area’s and material lay down area’s by boiler
- Team player
- Be proactive
- Have sound judgment
- Logical, accurate and precise
- Honest and open personality
- Be willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Labour, Industrial and Human Relations
Please note that:
1. The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
2. Murray & Roberts Projects reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
3. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
4. If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
5. Please note that the suitable candidate must be willing to be re-assigned to the Medupi Power Project in Lephalale , Limpopo, if operational requirements should deem it necessary.