Dougal Westley is a qualified and internationally registered Project Management Professional and registered Professional Civil Engineer with over 18 years of experience. He specialises in conceptualising, evaluating, structuring and management of mixed use property development and the infrastructure related
Through his direct involvement in both private sector and government development arenas, Dougal has a sound understanding of property and infrastructure development and the complex
institutional environment related thereto. This enables him to play a leading role throughout the various key processes of development including evaluating and sourcing, structuring, preparing and initiating and managing implementation and conclusion of development projects of varying nature.
Westley has identified, initiated and fulfilled strategic managerial roles on various large scale, high profile projects with scope totalling over 40 000 housing units and associated business, community and institutional facilities and amenities. These include:
- Olievenhoutbosch Ministerial Housing Project (Gauteng – ± 5 500 units – Absa DevCo),
- Klarinet National Priority Project (Mpumalanga – ± 12 000 units – Absa DevCo),
- Lephalale Provincial Focus Housing Project (Limpopo – ± 6 000 units – DBSA & LGoH),
- Private development of Spring Valley Estates (Mpumalanga – 3800 units – International Housing Solutions & Diluculo Investments) previously, and currently:
- Westonaria Borwa Flagship Integrated Housing Development (Gauteng – ± 6 700 units – Crimson King Developments)
- N2 North Integrated Housing Development (Eastern Cape – ± 3 200 units – Nelson Mandela Bay Metropolitan Municipality)
- Vista Park Extension 2 Integrated Mixed-Use Development (Free State – ± 4 500 units – Emendo Africa / Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality.